Monday, October 6, 2014

Diana Lee releases debut jazz album "Mentor," thanks her teachers by making the music her own - YabYum Music and Arts Sneak Peek

Diana Lee performing during her album release party
By Matt Marn

Published by YabYum Music and Arts

So often someone comes into our lives to help teach us something that shapes our lives forever, and so often we never get to thank them. Phoenix singer Diana Lee has managed to pay homage to her mentors, and in a big way.

Lee has recently released her debut jazz album, "Mentor," in which she paid tribute to all the great musicians around the Valley who helped her grow into the great performer she is today.

"I can't explain it to you - to have these amazing people in my life at those exact times," Lee said of her many instructors and mentors. "I remember their names, what they taught me... It was huge to be able to say thank you. Art is very difficult. Music is very difficult. Somebody should say thank you. I really am so happy, so glad I got this opportunity to thank these people, these guides."


Read the rest of this article at YabYum Music and Arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment