Monday, August 18, 2014

YabYum Artist Spotlight Sneak Peek: Ryne Norman - This Tempered Tongue

By Matt Marn
For Phoenix guitarist and songwriter Ryne Norman, every new opportunity is a chance for something great. Every new fan, each potential collaboration with another local artist means so much to him, he gives everything he has to each new adventure – and to every word he writes.

“Internally, I am really challenged,” Norman said. “I am challenged to make sure the crowd is engaged, following me… Challenged to make sure I’m more than just another songwriter up there. There’s something about when people come to hear what you have to say, when people want to hear your music. It’s about the experience. I want this to be an experience.”

For Norman, the biggest part of that experience is the lyrics he works on so hard to make sure each word is perfect. Norman said he spends so much time on each line of every song, it can take weeks to write a second verse. But while finishing the piles of half-done songs can be a challenge, it is that much more worthwhile when he does.




“Knowing I have slaved so hard over every word to know it is truly finished is something to be proud of,” he said. “To me, lyrics are the most important part, what I take the most pride in; I want people to be able to connect with me.”


Read the rest of Ryne Norman's spotlight article at

No comments:

Post a Comment